Ti Top Island in Halong Bay is a beautiful part of the sublime Halong Bay, which together makes up the stunning area for contemplation, especially from the bird’s-eye view. Oftentimes, pictures about Halong Bay covers some corners of Ti Top – an island that was named by President Ho Chi Minh (Uncle Ho) to commemorate his visit to the island, together with the Soviet astronaut Gherman Stepanovich Titov on November 22, 1962. Not only historical and beautiful, but this island is also interesting enough to entertain visitors.
What to Do in Ti Top Island in Halong Bay
Ti Top Island belongs to the area of Halong Bay, which is around 7km to the southeast of Bai Chay Tourist Harbor. This island owns the smooth and clean sandbanks that are washed by tides throughout four seasons. Before being named after the Soviet astronaut Gherman Stepanovich Titov, the island was called “Cat Nang” due to the charming sandbanks that were hard to find elsewhere. Together with the highly-rated sand, the crescent-shaped beach is ideal for swimming at any time of year. That is why Halong Bay Cruises often take tourists to this beach for water activities. You can rent swimsuits and other entertaining equipment in this spot. Especially during summer, the beach of Ti Top is the ideal venue to avoid the scorching heat and unwind.
Together with swimming, Ti Top attracts people to try to conquer the Ti Top Mountain to view a panorama of Halong Bay by climbing 400 steps. The view from the top dimension is truly spectacular. With natural highlights of the beach, sandbank, and mountain, Ti Top Island becomes a favorable mooring or the stopover for holidaymakers who are cruising around Halong in 2 – 3 days. What’s more, Ti Top Island is present in the Halong seaplane tour itinerary which starts from Tuan Chau Island, for the flight at the height of 300m. The panoramic view will let you understand why people name the Ti Top Beach as “Crescent Beach” that encompasses the whole island.
The island also offers a plethora of photogenic corners for the “so-deep” pictures. Amid the captivating scenery, everybody can enjoy posing like a model. And if you wish to record a video of the giant and imposing nature, this place is picturesque enough to do this job. Raise your camera to capture the extensive sea, the perfect blend of the sky and the ocean, the islands and islets, the magnificent mountains, the boats floating gently, and more. Furthermore, before you leave, make sure to do kayaking– one of the best things to do in Ti Top Island.
Tips for You to Visit Ti Top Island Halong Bay Vietnam
- Swimming on the beach and climbing the mountain are two must-do activities in Ti Top Island.
- The crescent-shaped beach is not big, yet quiet and very clean with the frequently-washed sandbank while the water is blue all seasons.
- You can rent a kayak for two people to move around the island. The reference price is around 150.000 VND/hour.
- The island does not sell snacks. Therefore, you’d better bring snacks from the mainland if needed.
- Make sure you have sunscreen for sunbathing on the Ti Top beach.
- You might want to check out the nearby attractions. If yes, have Luon Cave and Sung Sot Cave in the list.
- The New York Times voted the seaplane tours over Halong Bay as one of the most attractive services in 2015. Experience Halong Bay seaplane tours if the budget says yes. The bird’s-eye sightseeing is so awesome that convinces you of the reasons why UNESCO inscribed this area as the World Natural Heritage.
Either cruises or seaplanes, Ti Top Island in Halong Bay is so beautiful that is worth your visit. Getting there to swim and then climb to the top of the mountain, you might fall in love with this destination.
I love traveling and have been working in tourism industry since 1996. Vietnam is my homeland so I would like to share with you my experience to discover this destination best!